Ideas & Inspiration
Interested in fundraising for us but not sure what to do? We’re here to support you. Whether you're planning on organising an event in your community, something smaller with friends and family or even fundraising at work, everyone needs a little inspiration sometimes. And we’ve got plenty of ideas to get you started!
Get your fundraising guideRequest now
Here are our top fundraising ideas to spark some inspiration:
- Summer garden parties or BBQs are a great way to get friends and family together and have some fun. Charge an entry fee, organise some games and let the good times roll!
- Quiz nights are a classic when it comes to fundraising. Whether you hold it in your local pub or virtually from home, it’s guaranteed fun while raising money!
- Raffles, sweepstakes and auctions can be held at the office or as part of a bigger event such as a gala dinner. Sourcing prizes from local businesses and organisations can help to keep costs down and fundraising totals up
- Virtual challenges where you walk, run or wheel your way to reach a certain distance can be a great way to raise funds. Choose a date, set your distance and ask for sponsorship to spur you along the way
- If active challenges aren’t your thing, then why not try a different kind of challenge? Take on a 24-hour gaming challenge and invite your friends to join you, ask for donations as you go and watch that total grow!
- Coffee mornings or afternoon teas are tried and tested ways to raise funds. Everyone loves baked goods, and you don’t have to stick to sweet treats, savoury items are just as popular too
Whatever you decide to do, you’ll be helping to unite Wales against cancer through world-class research. Every penny you raise will be spent right here in Wales – allowing real innovation to start close to home. Thank you!